« Home | Quality Family time at Christmas » | Going once, going twice and on and on and on, Sold! » | # Psalm 51:7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be... » | Anticipation » | Answer to Prayer!!!!!!!!!!!! » | Seniors » | Together at last! » | Vancouver, what a beautiful city » | Got to start running again » | Pray for Thailand! » 

Sunday, December 10, 2006 

Freedom !

"Jesus is the reason for the season". How long will we in North America be able to share the true meaning of Christmas. The pictures are of the Nativity that they set up on the corner of South Fraserway and Clearbrook Rd, just a few blocks away from my parents place in Abbotsford. I was so excited to see the real meaning of Christmas being displayed on the corner for all to see and am surprised they are still allowed to put it up. I know for myself, sometimes I take my freedom for granted. Even with the new movie, “The Nativity Story”, now in Theaters, the true meaning for this Christmas Season is being proclaimed with freedom.

Here we are allowed to proclaim that Jesus is our hope, that He is the reason for the season, that he is the only way to Heaven! We don't have to worry about being arrested and thrown in jail for our faith.
A couple I know were just recently thrown into prison for sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in their country. This couple has now been released, but many are still in prison.

My challenge to us as believers: Let's share the love of Jesus before we can't. We are so fortunate to have this freedom and it won't be long before we too in North America will have our freedom taken away.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a few Hope For Thailand prayer request's

1. For our visa's (It's a challenge to get them, pray that we would have them by the middle, or sooner, of January.)

2. For Philip's seizures (After they found out that the seizures were brought on by stess, four days shy of a month he had two back to back and then one about a week later on Thanksgiving and they continue) God is still in control! Pray for wisdom for the Doctors that they would know what to do.

Hey Reg, I have been lurking on your blog for a little while just thought i would comment because i really love that nativity scene, its my favorit and i hope there never comes a day when they cant put it up anymore.
Merry Christmas!
mandy

Hey Reg, I have been lurking on your blog for a little while just thought i would comment because i really love that nativity scene, its my favorit and i hope there never comes a day when they cant put it up anymore.
Merry Christmas!
mandy

Post a Comment