Royalty...Christmas
Last weekend, I went to a mall in Bangkok called Central World to see one of the very first Christmas trees lit in this Country, as well as to see some of the Royal family. After reading about this upcoming event in the paper and finding out that it was after my classes on Friday, I decided to go and check it out. Also, being that Christmas is not a holiday here (since it is a Christian Holiday and Thailand's majority is Buddhist), you have to go to a major city to get into the Christmas mood. The major Cities are decorated more for the tourist than for the Thais. So as you can see, this was the perfect opportunity for me to have a cultural lesson and also a way for me to get into the Christmas mood.
On this special occasion, the Crown Prince's Wife and son (grandson to the King) were invited to see these spectacular trees. It's a really good culture lesson in itself. I have seen it on tv, but in real life it is much different. The wife of the Prince was about 15 feet away from where I was standing. As she approached where I was, the people started to get down to their knees out of respect (I quickly did the same) but as we started to do this, she turned and went the other way, so that was the closest I got to them. Oh well, at least I saw her and the grandson. Sorry I have no pics of them(security reasons).


The Thai Royal guard

The picture below is of the tree on the inside of the mall which stood about 90 ft high and was also really nicely decorated. I love Christmas so this was a real treat for me.


On the outside of the mall they had another one about 60 ft that was decked out with L.E.D lights. I personally thought the outside tree was the nicest.


They even had a Farang (foreigner) playing Santa
On this special occasion, the Crown Prince's Wife and son (grandson to the King) were invited to see these spectacular trees. It's a really good culture lesson in itself. I have seen it on tv, but in real life it is much different. The wife of the Prince was about 15 feet away from where I was standing. As she approached where I was, the people started to get down to their knees out of respect (I quickly did the same) but as we started to do this, she turned and went the other way, so that was the closest I got to them. Oh well, at least I saw her and the grandson. Sorry I have no pics of them(security reasons).

The Thai Royal guard
As we approach this Christmas season, my prayer is that we all can get excited about the Royalty that we serve, Jesus Christ. That this season will mean more to us knowing that Jesus came for us, and He is still ALIVE and He wants the very best for us!
LET'S CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LET'S CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
