A three part Sunday (Part II)

After a great service put on by the youth, I headed home for lunch. My Aunt was down from Penticton, so we had her over for lunch. Bernie and Katrina also came down with the kids for lunch. After lunch, Zerick (my 5 year old nephew) asked Katrina (his mom) if he could go downstairs to see his uncle Jonny. She said yes and off he went. A few minutes later, we hear a blood curdling scream. I ran to the door and saw Zerick holding his head. At first I thought he got stung by a bee. As he got closer I saw the side of his face and looked toward the road. Then I realized what had happend. Zerick did not go downstairs but jumped on his bike with no helmut and got hit by a car. I went back into the house to see how he was and noticed a huge bump on his head and he was looking really bad. So I called 911, and the ambulance and fire dept showed up within a few minutes. Zerick started to fade out a bit and we had a concern that he would have a concussion. So the paramedics put a neck brace on him, put him on a spine board and then off to the hospital.
After intervenus, a chest x-ray and a brain scan, we were told that Zerick was ok. While we were waiting for the results, Zerick said to his mom, "Don't cry mommy, I'll be home soon, little boys don't belong in the hospital."
On Monday he also said to his classmates, "Jesus saved me, He just gave me some owies." I praise God that He protected Zerick. It was a good thing the couple that hit him was only going 15 km hour. Most people fly down my parents street. If the speed had been faster, I would probably have lost a nephew.
So after he came home from the hospital, later that evening I took him for the ice-cream I promised him, and praise God that I could do that once again before I leave for Thailand on Sunday.
