« Home | Snow, again, in April? » | God hears us when we pray » | Vancouver Island » | Bought the Plane tickets! » | Lost Lake » | The last stretch... » | Jars and Burlap » | The Amazing Race » | 100% » | Departure date? » 

Sunday, April 08, 2007 

A long ride down...


On Good Friday, my buddy Jon and I biked up Sumas Mountain. The biking part was mainly on the way down the mountain. It was a gorgeous day and warm. At the parking lot, there was a bunch of cars, but as we made our way up, we only passed a few people. Such a great place and yet hardly anyone was there. I took a bunch of pictures of that great day.



This picture made me out to have one arm.

A great view of Mt. Baker


After the ride down Sumas Mountain, we stopped at this really neat lookout. While we were there, this train came through and stopped. After waiting for some time we decided to drive down to the tracks. Since the train was still there, I got Jon to stop so I could take a picture. It's not too often you can get a picture this close. After I took this picture of the train, the train did the same in return, and flashed me...

The Fraser River (our version of the Mekong River)On the way down, we checked out some of the logging that was taking place on the mountain. Most of the trees were smaller than 32 inches, I think they have some other plans in mind and I am sure it's not logging, so sad...
May the hope that Easter brings, the resurrection of Jesus Christ be your HOPE for the future, Happy Easter, "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead..." (I Peter 1:3)