« Home | Bought the Plane tickets! » | Lost Lake » | The last stretch... » | Jars and Burlap » | The Amazing Race » | 100% » | Departure date? » | New Years! » | Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! » | Remembering the day the waves came. » 

Monday, March 26, 2007 

Vancouver Island


This last weekend I spent with my good friends, Peter and Bronwyn, who live on Vancouver Island. Being I do not have too many free weekends left before I leave in May, I made the journey to the Island.
At first, we had planned to camp on Galliano Island, but due to the bad weather, we decided to cancel the camping trip and just hang out for weekend in Victoria.
My goal was to catch the 1:00 ferry from Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay, Victoria as a foot passenger. After missing the 1:00 ferry and having to catch the 3:00, I finally arrived in Swartz Bay. As the day went on, the weather started to change from rain to SUNSHINE!!!!!! That night we decided that on Sunday we would head off to East Sooke Park on the Island. This park was right on the ocean and Gods beauty was everywhere. We hiked along the beach for a while and then took the trail through the woods. I felt like I was back on the West Coast Trail. Even though it was and still is a nice park, the park had received a lot of damage from the winter storms we had. Some of the trees had fallen over with all their roots exposed, while others were snapped off like toothpicks. We do truly live in a beautiful part of the world!